Rhadi, Traci, and Rufus Ferguson

Saturday, October 13, 2007

Marathon Training Is Fun

==============
Introdcution
==============

I've been wanting anew challenge for some time. Something that won't hurt my body too bad :-) but what will get me in great shape. So I decided to train for a marathon. And I must admit, it has been very challenging. Tonight I just finished my 5 mile run and I completed the whole run in about 46 minutes. I finished with an average pace of 9:13 per mile, which isn't bad for a 220 pounder :-)

==============
1st test, Half Marathon
==============

This weekend I will run 12 miles well, run/walk, but it will be 12 none the less. And then after that I'll do a half marathon on the 4th of November.

This will be a good test so I can work on keeping my pace during the race and really concentrate on not getting caught up in the race day hype. I will also be able to figure out which foods work best for me during my run.

===============
More time with Rufus
===============

Running allows me to spend more time with Rufus, because I can train in the morning when he's sleep and run in the evening when Traci comes home, but its only 2-3 times a week. I'm not on the mat as much anymore and I haven't been to Judo practice in months, but that's cool. I'm not a fan of pain anymore. I do go to MMA practice sometimes at American Top Team to get some grappling in and I haven't lost a step. The last time I was there, my instructor Liborio said to me, "Man you should really do this s---! You can do this!"

I already know that, but I struck a deal with my wife that I wouldn't pursue the MMA thing. I thing I got the bad end of that deal :-)

===========
Closing
===========
Everything is cool. Howard Homecoming is in a couple of day. Traci, Rufus and I will travel together and that should be exciting.

I've been working out and training and things are going well. Traci si doing well and Rufus is THE MAN!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home