Rhadi, Traci, and Rufus Ferguson

Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Did 10.5 Miles on Sunday

===============
Introduction

===============


Sunday I did my 10.5 mile walk/run where I did 5 min. run/1 minute walk. I finished in exactly 2 hours which was decent for me. It was the first time that I did over 10 miles. I must admit that toward the end it was getting BOOOOOORRRRRRRRIIIIIINNNNGGGGG!!! Omigosh, if I had hair I would have pulled it out.


================
Everything went wrong!
================


During my run, everything went wrong. I turned on my GPS and heart rate monitor watch and it read, "low battery" and then turned off. I had to put it back in the car. I had no way of keeping my time so then I just used my Ipod. I looked at the time on my Ipod and then at the 6 mile point my freeking Ipod stopped working. This pissed me off. While running I had to take my bag off, put my headphones in my bag, take my Ipod off, whip out my cellphone and run with my cellphone in my hand to keep the time. This was so irritating I could have acted like my son and plopped down on the concrete and start to throw a major temper tantrum.


===============
Why didn't someone
tell me
===============


Goodness gracious, I didn't know that there was such a thing as bodyglide. What is bodyglide? Well body glide is a lubricant that you can use so that you don't get chaffed on your long runs. I wish someone would have mentioned that to me before Sunday :-/ Ouch, would be an understatement.

================
Family Pictures are finally
here!!
=================
We finally got the family pictures back and they look absolutely wonderful. Well, my wife and son look absolutely wonderful, I look okay :-)
I didn't realize that taking pictures with kids was so difficult. The little guy was just fine until the photographer arrived and then he began to cry like someone had taken his lunch money.
The photo shoot took about 90 minutes, but we got about 300 pictures out of the shoot. It was a good time and agreat recommendation by my father.
============
Closing
============
Well, now I'm taking my Ipod to get fixed (really my wife is), I'm still running, my weight is around 220, my blood pressure is 116/62, my doctor is pleased and everything is great - except for my knees :-(
Take care,
Rhadi Ferguson (Still holdin' it down!)




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home