Rhadi, Traci, and Rufus Ferguson

Monday, September 17, 2007

Marathons, "Please" and "I Love You"

==============
Intro
==============


The last couple of weeks/days have been crazy. My mom came down to visit (which is always and adventure), my son got a little bit sick, and Traci and I got sick too. But we've been pressing on and pressing through.

The great thing is that we've still been SUPER productive. There's so much stuff that I have to share with you so let's dig in.

================
New Challenges
================


As some of you know, after our anniversary on the 30th of June, I tipped the scale at a whopping 241 pounds!!! Now I weigh 222 pounds and things things have been going absolutely fabulous. My wife is tipping the scales at 119 and next week we are going shopping to next week to get some more clothes. Exercising can get expensive :-)

But the new challenge is this...... I'm training for a marathon and it is actually pretty fun. I'm not sure how many times I'll do it, but right now it's super fun. This weekend I have a 9 miler and I have to 5 mile runs this week. Running is alot easier on the schedule because I can do it in the evening when Traci is spending some one on one time with Rufus. And although it does hurt somewhat on the long runs, it doesn't beat my body up like judo practice. :-)

===============
What I've Learned
===============


The ABSOLUTE best training device that I've purchased to date is the Garmin Personal GPS system. This doggone thing is AWESOME!!!! It measures your heart rate, it logs your mileage, calculates the calories burned, it logs where you've been and tells you your pace. It does more, but the best thing is this...

When you're finished running, you hook it up to your computer and it downloads your workout and gives you charts, graphs, worksheets and all kinds of stuff. It tells you how far you've gone, it lets you know your time per mile, and your heart rate during EACH point during your run.

It does so much that I can really explain everything because I just started using my last week. But it is PHENOMENAL. It doesn't matter if your run long distance or sprint, it is absolutely fabulous!!!

The model that I have is the Garmin 305.

================
Family Pictures
================

For the longest time my dad has been getting on my case about getting some family pictures taken. And with good reason. Traci, Rufus and I really don't have any real good pictures and we need them. Rufus is 17 months now and if we don't capture the memories we won't have them.

The reason why I haven't done it yet is becasue sitting down in Sears or Target to wait and take a picture is a MISERABLE exercise and I just refuse to do it. So I just called a professional photographer and made an appt. for him to meet us at our home.

Why?

Well, first it is wayyyyy more convenient. Second, we were allowed to make several outfit changes. Third, not only were we able to capture the "moment" but we were able to capture the moment in our "own" home. Lastly, we were able to look through all of the photos on the spot, talk about which ones that we liked and negotiated getting the WHOLE photo shoot on CD.

I would definitely recommend going this route to anybody. It is a little bit more pricey, but twhen you look at what you get versus what you pay for, your really come out ahead and you really need to build a good relationship with a reliable photographer for occasions like birthday parties, church occasions, family portraits, and personal portraits.

I now have someone who can take pictures for me for my articles, DVDs and books. I would highly recommend it.

===================
"Please" and "I Love You"

===================

Rufus' new favorite phrases are "please" and "i love you" and he also says, "blah blah blah". When I'm talking to someone and I you the phrase, "blah blah blah" he says it too. It's so funny and constantly reminds me that I have to really watch what I say. :-0

===============
Closing
===============


If you haven't check out our my myspace page, you can do so a www.myspace.com/rhadi

I will put some of the pictures up there as soon as I get them and I'll put some here too.

That's about it. Take care and God Bless.


Rhadi Ferguson and The Fergusons

EZ

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home