Rhadi, Traci, and Rufus Ferguson

Monday, August 06, 2007

Take A Chance!!



Wow! I learned a GREAT lesson this past weekend. Or should I say, I "re-learned" a great lesson this past weekend. As a former world class athlete and entrepeneur I've learned thta speed kills. I'm conditioned to move fast, work fast and go fast. And sometimes I go so fast that I run past the minor details and fine print.

My motto is "Move fast and clean up the mess later." We'll that works sometimes and sometimes it doesn't work so well. But the times when it does, outweighs the times when it doesn't by far.

The lesson that I learned this weekend was, "If you want the information, YOU ARE GOING TO HAVE TO PAY FOR IT." I made a bad, and ill-advised real estate move this weekend and I spent all day reversing my mistake and I paid $5,000 for the mistake that I made, which isn't so bad, considering it could have been a $250K mistake :-) (gotta find the bright side somewhere).

I hustled so fast on this home that was going to be in foreclosure, that I just ran past all of the glaring red lights and hit the gas! :-) Well, after I had the property and deed in hand, I thought to myself, "I need to find a good real estate meeting and coach quick. Somebody, somewhere is always holding a real estate meeting, I'll just find one in South Florida, go and start asking some questions and hire a coach."

Well, that's exactly what I did. I hired a real estate coach who showed me how bad I just got screwed, or should I say, screwed myself and for a second I got down on myself. That's when he said, "Hey brother, it happens to all of us, you could have sat in meetings for months and paid 5 grand or you could have ran out there and bumped your head against the wall. Either way, you were and are going to pay to get the information. And I'd much rather work with someone like you who isn't afraid to take action."

That made me feel somewhat better, but when I see that huge dent in my bank account I definitely get somewhat upset, but only at myself.

The one thing that I can guarantee you is this - I won't get burnt again and I learned in 72 hours things about real estate, loans and mortgages, that people will never learn in this lifetime. And with my new coach I'm going to learn more.

Here's my advice to you.........

Never try to take a shortcut by not paying because you will either pay now or pay later, but you're damn sure gonna pay.

As my pop would say. "You gotta pay the cost to be the boss!"

Just pay it!

In my business and martial arts coaching business I try to tell people all the time that while you are refusing to pay, you are paying, but you just can't see how much because you can't see the money being zapped outta your pocket, but you are still paying.

Get the knowledge and start leveraging your knowledge. I did and I am.

Take it easy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home