Rhadi, Traci, and Rufus Ferguson

Friday, August 10, 2007

Sleep Deprivation of "Moment Maximization"

Some people say that I'm an insomniac.....

Well, that might be true.....

But, I like to think of myself as a man who Maximizes the time that he's given.

Right now I'm finishing up 3 huge projects: An Exercise DVD and Book, a motivational Audio CD Series and I'm completing my first round of research on my subjects at Howard University.

And yes, ladies and gentlemen, I'M ON THE ROAD traveling again.

(I'm kinda pissed off too, because I'm traveling more than I really want to. And I miss my wife and my main man Rufus!)

I truly believe that you can really get more out of life if your pursue it. Just recently I watched the Howard University Football team perform their pre-season conditioning test. They had to run 16 - 110 meter sprints. Because I wanted to examine the conditions of the test due the heat outside. I ran the test before they did and I finished the test with no problem and ran all of the 110s between 16-18 seconds.

I thought to myself, "This test is pretty easy. When we did it when I was in school, we had to run 20. So 16 is no problem."

That is what I thought. I actually watched an athletic display that would have made you embarrased to say that you know these gentlemen. They were so outta shape it was unbelievable. One of the kids (who is on scholarship), fell out and hit the turf after running the 5th 110. It was an absolute disgrace.

Many of the kids told me after the test......... "Coach, I had to work all summer so I really didn't have time to workout." To which I replied, "Son, there are 24 hours in the day. Use all of them. Wake up at 4:30 and run, then go to work. Period!!"

Many people make so many excuses of why they can't get things done that is despicable. They need to visit Coach Ferguson's Blog and get a nice virtual square kick in the @$$

One kid told me, "But Coach, I need my sleep."

To which I replied, "Keep sleeping and you will keep losing!"

Maximize the moments in your life. When you're tired, your body will let you know. Until then, keep pushing. Keep going and keep growin'.

Take care,

Rhadi Ferguson
http://www.rhadi.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home