Rhadi, Traci, and Rufus Ferguson

Thursday, September 06, 2007

Oh, what a wonderful husband I have!!!!

Several weeks ago, I was sitting in the living room reading one of my medical journals when my husband slipped a packet of papers in front of me. At first I thought it was something related to work but then I saw a handwritten message on the side...."We have tickets to see The Color Purple." And then I shouted for joy!

I have been wanting to see the Broadway show since its opening almost 2 years ago but never scheduled the vacation break nor took the time to plan the trip. But I didn't have to do it because my husband did it for me! He understood the increasing stress I've been under with work, the balancing act I've been on trying to focus on my current job while searching for a new job and keeping it together as wife, mother, friend and of course, Dr. Traci Ferguson, The Health and Wellness Queen. And to top it all off, my mother-in-law would be flying into town to watch Rufus while we're out of town.

When I finally realized what Rhadi had done, I jumped up and gave him a great big hug and a kiss--not only for taking the time out of his busy schedule to coordinate the flights, the hotel and the Broadway tickets but also for giving me what I couldn't even give myself....quality time to relax and reflect on everything that we've been through over the years and the many more blessings in store for us in the future.

I couldn't ask for anything more than the memories that we shared and created during our New York trip. We strolled hand in hand down Broadway, ate breakfast at a trendy cafe, experienced The Color Purple with Fantasia, watched tennis' US Open live and in color, spent time in fellowship with Rhadi's fraternity brother who lives in NYC and even did a little Salsa dancing at a well-known NY club.

Never in my wildest dreams could I have planned all of this in one weekend but we made it happen. We experienced New York City like never before.

When I really needed to get away from the hustle and bustle, when I needed to reconnect with my husband, Rhadi was right there, to give me everything that I needed and more without having to ask for it. He was able to sense my every need and supply that need without question or hesitation. Now that's what I mean about having an amazing and wonderful husband!

So here's to all those hardworking men out there that take the time to care for their families and go the extra mile to bring joy into the hearts of their wives and children....we thank you. And I give special thanks to Rhadi for giving me joy each and every day.

Take care,
Traci, Better known as Rufus' Mom

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home