Rhadi, Traci, and Rufus Ferguson

Thursday, June 28, 2007

It will be 5 years on the 30th of June

On June 30th my wife and I will celebrate 5 years of marriage and I must say - it's been rough. It's been great, but it's been rough.

For all of those who aren't married. Let me tell you this. MARRIAGE is no joke!!

My wife and I have a GREAT marriage. I mean, there are no problem (Gracias Dios), but it's still rough. When I was single I could just wake up and go, but now when I wake up the first thing that I do is go into the home office and look up at our home calendar.

Our home calendar tells us where we are, where we are going to be, it provides me with my wife's work schedule, it provides my wife with my travel schedule and it has ALL of our appointements on it.

The calendar is like our personal monthly playbook that is IMPOSSIBLE to memorize :-)

Sometimes we forget to put things on the calendar and it totally screws up the day and sets up a good argument, but we NEVER have one.

I can honestly tell you that my wife and I have NEVER had a yelling and screaming match. NEVER!!

Now we have had family meetings and discussions in a calm manner while sitting on the couch, but we've never had a yelling and screaming match.

I'm not sure why, but we just never had. Even when we've both been heated. I guess we just figured out that you get more with honey than you do with vinegar.

I know some of you are asking yourself, "Well what seems so bad about marriage?"

Well, I never said marriage was bad. I said it was tough. And it is.

It is a lot of work, but like anything else, if you put the work in the the reward is great. And the beautiful thing is that I can wake up next to and speak to my "reward" every day.

I love my wife and it has been a privilege and a blessing to be married to her. Traci is my wife and my bestest friend in the world.

Take care,

Rhadi Ferguson

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home