Rhadi, Traci, and Rufus Ferguson

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Our trip to Maryland to visit the Grandparents

Rufus and I had a very eventful weekend with a brief but exciting trip to Maryland to visit the Grandparents. The first and last time we traveled to Maryland was in October for Rufus' Baby Dedication. So after one very long, but eye-opening trip I learned what millions of parents struggle with every day when they're traveling with little ones---you live for the kind generosity of family, friends and even strangers to make your trip less stressful and more enjoyable.


With one stroller, one car seat, two carry-on bags and two rolling suitcases, Rufus and I headed for the Check-in counter at 5:45 am on Thursday morning for our 7am flight. Rhadi couldn't travel with us because he had to present at the Martial Arts Millionaires weekend, so Rufus and I set out on our trek to Maryland.


Amazingly, the flight departed and arrived on time and as we disembarked from the plane Rufus' grandparents were waiting patiently with open arms to greet us as we walked through the security gate. I carried the digital camera with me but was so excited to be back in the D.C. area that I forgot to take pictures of our reunion.


Once we trekked all our luggage to the rental car depot, we headed off to the outer skirts of Maryland to see my mom. My mom and I had already planned to take pictures with Rufus at a local potrait study on Friday and here's our photo gallery from the session....oh, the many facial expressions of such a handsome 14 month old boy!





The most serious of poses.....one woman at work said Rufus looks like a future Chief Justice of the Supreme Court!

Here's Rufus in his most comfortable pose with his hand behind his neck, sucking his thumb!







My mom and I had a blast taking pictures with Rufus but after about an hour, I was tired and ready to head home.

The day we left for home, Rufus had the opportunity to visit with the oldest member of the family, his great-great-great Aunt Evelyn, who's at the tender age of 92! I'm still trying to unpack so I haven't quite found the camera yet but I'll post their picture in one of my upcoming posts.

And to those of you who think that I just threw my workout schedule out the window during my trip...you're wrong. Even though I was fighting a cold, I was still able to manage working out with a modified program of the Backyard Workout. My mother thought I was crazy workout out in her living room but I've got to keep in great shape for the summer and to keep my energy up to run after Rufus!

So until next time....take care,

From Traci, better known as Rufus' mom.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home