Rhadi, Traci, and Rufus Ferguson

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

One out and one coming.....

================
One Down, One to Go
================


My client Taraje is leaving today to return home after and intense training camp and when he leaves, we have to clean up the room, change the bed linens and get ready for our little friend Herman.

Herman is about 11 years old and we keep him sometimes. Herman and my son Rufus have on heckuva time. Herman plays basketball so we usually have to pick him up from practice and make sure he gets him homework done at night.

It's cool practice for when Rufus gets older.

Last night was also cool. I had an opportunity to try and help my cousin Jasmine prepare for her math test. I really love Jas and would like for her to spend some more time with my wife and I but we're just sooooo busy. Goodness gracious, sometimes it seems like my wife and I are like two ships passing in the night :-) Jasmine is a real cool kid who I would really like to take to Howard's Homecoming with me later on this year so that she can get a real cool view of black college life and college life in general. But really I want her to see why we say, "Ain't no party like a HU party." :-)

=================
Like Two Ships
=================


I usually have to get all of my work done between the hours of 10pm to 4am and then I'm up and on the stairmaster, in the gym or working out at home at 5:30 or six. I take a nap during the day when Rufus does and then I keep running.

I usually am able to go for a long time until I crash and burn like I did last week by getting a cold or something. My friends call me an insomniac :-) but I'm not. I'm just living my life the way that I always have. I've been like this since college. I can remember sleeping on the floor in the engineering library at Howard from the hours of 3:30am to 5:30am only to get up and take my toothbrush and toothpaste out of my book bag to brush my teeth and then head up the hill to the gym for wrestling practice that started at 6am.

After practice I'd shower, go eat breakfast and then head off to my 8am class. (I had an 8 am class EVERY semester when I was in college. I didn't believe and don't believe in sleeping ones life away). This is just how I do it, but I do make sure that my son is in bed and not doing it like me.

==============
What's New
==============


One of the characters that I've created is really taking some heat from his blog posts. I kinda laugh when I read the posts because people get so caught up in the posts and I want to tell them that they are humorous, yet thought provoking posts to make you think. But people get caught up in them like its a soap opera.

It's cool. But I have to constantly tell them. THAT IS NOT ME. That's a character. Kind of like the actors and actresses you see on television. My personal blog is right here, those other blogs are for what they are for.

If you ever want a good belly aching laugh, tune into www.coachferguson.com :-) You'll get a kick out of it. Coach Ferguson ain't no Don Imus, but he is close. He's like Dr. Phil on 'roids.

===============
Personal
===============

Well, I'm going to drop a couple of pounds to see it affect on my blood pressure. Right now I weight between 228-232 lbs. I took my blood pressure yesterday and it was 125/72 and 123/69. I would really like to get the top number in the teens. It was like that at one time and I need to get that back.

So I'll let you all know how its going and what changes I've made in order to get it down.

That's about it for today.

If you want to get in some great shape and stay in shape, I would highly recommend The Backyard Workout.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home