Rhadi, Traci, and Rufus Ferguson

Sunday, May 27, 2007

I Was Watchng The UFC Tonight And......

==============
Watching the UFC
==============

Tonight I was watching the UFC with my client Taraje Williams-Murray and Taraje asked me, "Ferg, why don't you jump in there in the 205 lb. division?"

And I sounded like a complete chump, but I told him the truth, with my wife in earshot. I replied, "My wife won't let me." He laughed, but I was serious. My wife put part of her life on hold so that I could pursue my dream of becoming an Olympian and chasing an Olympic Medal and now its time for me to pursue other avenues in my life. And everytime I get the "itch" I have to remember, the we have a deal.

Now that the blood pressure is somewhat under control, I think - "all I need is a couple of fights, and I'll be right at the top of the food chain in MMA - easy..." But I know it wouldn't end there. And I love my wife more than fighting :-) so I'll train with the fellas and hang out like I do now and live vicariously through my clients and friends.

=============
This Week
=============

This week Taraje is leaving. His training camp is over and our filming session is done. I really think that my son Rufus is going to miss seeing him. He's gotten used to seeing him around and really like to play with Taraje.

I've received another offer to attend a camp (this time a Wrestling Camp) in Orlando and I have to see, if it will fit in the schedule. It was last minute, but when the $$$ calls, you have to answer. Because the people want their mortage money every month and we've got to give it to them.

=============
Friday Nite
=============

Two nights ago I spoke with the Youth at our church and boy oh boy was it an enlightening experience. I think that the youth really enjoyed my "keep it real" approach because I basically let them know I make mistakes too. I think people appreciate it when you're geniune and you don't try to act like you're perfect all the time.

It seems like there is such a huge disconnect between the youth and my church and the older members. I hope that my wife and I can help bridge the divide. I wish I could tell you more about the discussion, but I'm super tired right now.

It's 3:39am on Sunday morning and I have to workout before church and get Rufus ready because Traci works tomorrow. I think I'll just do 2 sets of The Intermediate Protocol in The Backyard Workout and call it a day. And then my cousins are coming over to watch the basketball game.

So, take it easy.

Rhadi Ferguson

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home