Rhadi, Traci, and Rufus Ferguson

Sunday, May 20, 2007

The Judo Crusader...also known as my husband....is BACK!!!!

Rhadi arrived back in South Florida early this afternoon as I was driving back to work. I woke up at 4 am this morning so I could get to work early....see most of my patients....and head off to our cousin's graduation this morning at 10 am. I arrived just in time to see him walk in the processional as Pomp and Circumstance played in the background.

This graduation brought back fond memories of graduations past--both mine and Rhadi's. I still remember sitting next to my soon to be in-laws as Rhadi received his Master's degree in 2002. When he walked across the stage he gave a shout out to his fraternity brothers sitting in the audience and he was so full of energy, excitement and relief! This graduation also brought up thoughts of our next graduation less than two years away when Rhadi will be conferred with his doctorate degree!! I know he can't wait to get started on the research for his dissertation because once he starts he'll be able to see the finish line ahead.

With Rhadi out of town and my 12 hour shifts in the hospital, Rufus has been staying with our cousin....and oh, how I missed him. I did get the chance to see Rufus today after the graduation ceremony just long enough to take a few pictures, change his diaper and then head back to work to finish out my shift. We're on a roller coaster over here but I'm looking forward to the end of June when Rhadi and I can take a much needed rest from our busy schedules and celebrate our 5 year anniversary!

Well, I'll be leaving work soon to pick up Rufus.....

Take care,

Traci....better known as Rufus' mommy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home