Rhadi, Traci, and Rufus Ferguson

Monday, February 18, 2008

What A Weekend (Another 1/2 Marathon - that makes 3)

=========
Introduction
=========

What a weekend!!

On Saturday night I attended the Showtime Elite XC event and watched my cousin (very distant cousin), Kimbo Slice beat the snot outta Tank Abbot.

It was a great event and the dude looked larger than life when he came out of the tunnel. All I could do is laugh and smile.

He looked very very sharp in his fight and he eliminated TankAbbott in seconds as I thought he would.

Kimbo and I finally had the chance to meet and talk afterthe fight. I made my way into the ring and we talkedand we rapped again at the post-fight media wrap up.

We communicated a couple of times over the phoneand on myspace, but we never met until this weekend. It was good seeing him. We live lessthan 10 miles from each other in south florida. I'm looking forward to training with him and rolling on themat in the near future. I truly believe this dude is goingto be a huge superstar in MMA. He has the onething that a lot of the fighters today are missing and theone thing that I talk about all the time -- DISCIPLINE.

He is one disciplined dude when it comes to training.

He reminds me of somebody else I know.... Hmmmmmm :-)

So after the fight I went to Denny's to eat around 2 am in themorning. I had to get some pancakes. I was sitting thereeating with one of my other cousins, Greg, and I wastelling him how tired I was. I practiced earlier that morningwith a Greco Roman wrestler who is getting ready for his National Championships and I had been ripping and running all day.
I went home, showered, did a couple of errands and then headed down to Miami for the fights. At 2:40am I was walking out of Denny's after throwing down a Grand Slam and I was tired as #@$%!!!

I jumped in my car and headed back to Boca Raton.I arrived home at 4:00am. Just in enough time to........

=====================
I Had To Be At The
At 6 am
=====================

I got home just in enough time to take a quick"wake-up" shower, brush my teeth, pack my pouch with GU gels, vaseline my feet down, and put on my running clothes to head out the door with my wife to run the Fort Lauderdale A1A 1/2 Marathon.

I got in the door at 4am and we left promptly at 4:45.We finally parked our car around 5:20am. I went to use the restroom (which is a feat and a half becauseof the long lines at the port-a-potties) and I headed to the starting line with 3 minutes to spare.

At 6am the gun went off and my legs felt like2 slabs of concrete. Not to mention the fact that Ihadn't slept a wink! :-(

=========
At Mile 4
=========

Because of poor planning and a time crunch, I didn't have timeto pack my CamelPak which is a great running tool and it allowsyou to drink as you run so you don't have to stop at the wateringstations, so I had to stop to hydrate while my wife kept running.

This means I had to constantly catch up to her which was cool.Until the "Grand Slam" that I had started "slamming" me in a Grand way. I had to stop and get rid of some of the Grand Slam.
This put me wayyyyyyy back and I had to run at a 7:30 minutepace to catch up to my wife again. That sucked!!

Especially since, I hadn't run not one step since my marathon inNovember.
That's right not one. I have been walking, but I haven't beenrunning. And I hurt my groin after judo practice last month so I've been walking, stretching and rehabbing.

But I figured, "What the hell, after a full marathon, a 1/2 isa piece of cake!"
And to be honest with you - it really is.

===================
I'm Not Going To Break
Any Records
====================
For some of you that don't know, my father completed hisfirst 1/2 marathon in January.
He walked the whole way and I walked with him.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=gXK0FGLoSZY

Now my father is going to do his second 1/2 marathonin Atlanta, along with...... (drum roll please).....

MY MOTHER AND MY AUNT!!

That's right, the whole family is getting involved.

My aunt started training with me in January and she has lost 21 poun-ds and feels spectacular. She looks like a different person and she feels great.

I told her and my mother that we're not goingout to break any records in the 1/2 marathon,we're going out to complete an honorable task,to stay in shape and to kickstart our whole family on a campaign for healthy living.

==================
That's about it...
==================

I know today's post was all over the place, but I'm just so doggone excited about my life and thethings that are going on in it.

I'm blessed to have a wonderful family, greatfriends and people like you who are concernedabout living healthy, staying healthy and changingthe fabric of our society.

=================
Conclusion
=================

I’m so happy that so many of you have decided to take meup on my gratuitious offer and grab a hold of The TotalBody Workout for only $1.00 –> http://www.TheTotalBodyWorkout.com
It is my desire that you have the tools that you will need to succeed and that you do succeed.

Take care and thanks again for your support.

Sincerely and Humbly,
Rhadi Ferguson
2004 Olympian
Fitness Professional
www.AskRhadi.com
www.Rhadi.com
www.TheTotalBodyWorkout.com
www.TheBodyWeightWorkout.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home