Rhadi, Traci, and Rufus Ferguson

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Today Is Our Anniversary (I Love You Traci!!)

June 30th

Today is our 7th Anniversary. It seems just like yesterday when my son was born and I was training and studying at the Olympic Training Center. Now the Ph.D. is finished, my son is 3 and my wife and I are chilling in Cocoa Beach by the water. It’s weird.

I still remember what life was like when we lived in Columbia, Maryland and we used to have this coach that had a permanent divot in it. It was the worse coach ever. If you slept on it, you were guaranteed to have a hurt back upon your awakening. We laugh at it now and just thank God for the ability to continue to believe and continue to achieve.

Life has been something else, but I’ve definitely looking forward to spending more years with my wife. I never believed in that soulmate stuff when I was younger, but now I do. It’s amazing to love another person like this. Its different than how you love your children. Your children are your own flesh and blood, the relationship is a different level of tightness. Your spouse is your best friend, your confidante and the protector of your secrets, your shortcomings, your emotions and your biggest fan, supporter and encourager. The relationship is symbiotic and loving, while maitaining a constant ebb and flow of emotional highs and lows. Its weird but I love every minute of it. I love my wife, Traci, to the point where sleeping alone without her if I’m on a trip or she’s away at a conference is uncomfortable. I can be fully dressed and feel naked because it’s like I don’t have her there.

I know you don’t read my emails to hear all the sappy stuff, but when I come to you, I come with everything. I want you to know that I have a wife and a son. That I really am into fitness. That I believe in eating healthy. We go to church most Sundays. Afterwards we eat at Cracker Barrell and I eat the double meat breakfast which is all protein. I really love coaching and prefer training in the gi than without the gi and some other stuff that I’m sure you already know about me.

So that’s that.

I also wanted to let you know that I appreciated the emails that many of you sent concerning anniversary ideas. Because I was crunched for time, I took your ideas and mixed them all together and am staying at a hotel in Cocoa Beach that has free Salsa dancing lessons on Tuesday night and a free Jazz on Wednesday night and am staying in a room overlooking the water and ordering room service. I’ve already had two pieces of chocolate lava cake with ice cream. Tonight at 10pm the wife and I are headed to the gym…..DEFINITELY!

I also wanted to let you know of some new things that are coming up very soon…* I will have some 1 day and 2 day seminars in Boca Raton in the months of October, November and December on various topics. I will have some special guests as well.

* I will have some 2 day seminars in October/November in Melbourne, Florida. You can fly directly into Melbourne via Delta Airlines. It’s gonna be great

* The release of Morote Gari is here today >> http://www.MoroteGariDVD.com << href="http://www.thebodyweightworkout.com/">http://www.TheBodyWeightWorkout.com it costs absolutely nothing and will provide you with some great ideas for your personal fitness plan or for your clients if you train othersWith that being said….Thank you for your time and take care.Much Love and Respect,

Rhadi Ferguson, Ph.D.

P.S. If you do judo, bjj, or sambo, you MUST get this right now >> http://www.MoroteGariDVD.com

1 Comments:

  • Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 11:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home